If you are rolling out Doodle to new pupils, there are different steps to follow depending on whether you are creating a new class (3.1), or whether you are adding new arrivals to an existing class (3.2).
To add a new student to an existing class, please:
- Login to the Teacher Dashboard
- Choose whether you would like children to create their own accounts by creating a class code (option 1), whether you would like to create the account for a single child (option 2) or whether you would like to create to accounts for multiple children (option 3)
- Go to ‘Manage’, then ‘Classes’ select the class that you would like the student to be in to view the class code, share the class code with the student.
- The student needs to open the app and select ‘Class code? Click here’.
- Type in the class code, tap ‘I need to create a doodle account’ and follow further instructions provided in the app.
- Select ‘Manage’, then ‘Students’.
- Click on the blue ‘Create student account(s)’ button.
- Select 'Create a single student account'
- Enter the student details, choose a class from the drop down boxes and select 'Add'
- Make a note of the student username and password for your records.
- Select 'Manage' then 'Students
- Click on the blue 'Create student account(s)’ button.
- Select 'Create a several student accounts'
- Select the class that you would like to add the students to and tap 'add students'
- Then, create a spreadsheet with three columns: first name, surname and date of birth. Copy and paste this into the box. Click on ‘Check’, and usernames and passwords will be created automatically. Then click on ‘Submit’, and finally ‘Confirm’.
- A spreadsheet with the login details will be downloaded automatically. Make sure you save this somewhere secure for future reference as passwords will not be viewable on the Teacher Dashboard once the students have been created.