When a child logs into their Doodle account, they'll now be greeted by the Learning Zone, an exciting hub where they can access their work and view their progress. The Learning Zone acts as the main homepage for each Doodle programme.
Children can choose the type of activity they'd like to complete next by selecting from the available options, indicated by a dotted line. These include:
- x-a-day: a daily set of 5 to 10 personalised questions
- Power Up: a set of 15 questions in a topic a child is finding challenging
- Tricky: a set of questions a child has saved to come back to later
- Extra: additional questions in a topic set by a child, parent or teacher
- New: an introduction to a new topic containing short explanations and interactive elements
To add extra work in a topic you'd like your child to practise (know as an Extra):
- Tap on the red Add an Extra icon
- Type in the topic area you’d like to set work in
- Follow the in-app instructions; an icon called Extra will then appear in the Learning Zone as an available exercise
Children over the age of twelve will be able to add their own Extras, while you'll need to enter your password to add Extras for younger children.
Your child can view the exercises they've completed over the last 30 days, including their scores in each, by scrolling left-to-right across the screen. Tapping on an exercise will show information about it, such as the number of stars they earned.
Doodle sets each child a unique target number of stars to earn each week designed to keep them on track in their learning.
To see if your child is on track to reach their target (by being in the green zone), click on the My Target icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the Learning Zone.
Accessing other features
To access Doodle’s other features, tap on the arrow icon in the top left-hand corner of the screen. From here, you'll be able to access:
- Learn: Navigate back to the Learning Zone
- Friends: View friends and siblings’ progress in Doodle
- Games: Access a range of exciting educational games
- My Robot/My Travels/My Panda/My Wizard: Enjoy fun motivational features unique to the Doodle programme you’re using
- Settings: Update your details and access settings including sound options and coloured overlays