If you can hear sound in DoodleMaths/DoodleEnglish, but not the voice reading out the questions, it may be that you have not selected a voice compatible with DoodleMaths. To ensure the voice is selected or to change the voice, please follow the instructions below.
From an iPad or iPhone;
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Spoken Content > Voices
- Tap on your language and then choose from the selection of voice. We think that Serena or Oliver* work most effectively.
From Android devices;
- Go to Settings > Language & Input > Text-to-speech output
- Hit the gear icon next to the Google text to speech option
- Click on Language in the settings screen and check your chosen language is selected
From Kindle devices;
- Go to Settings > Keyboard and Language
- Tap on Language to check your chosen language is correct
- Tap on Text-to-Speech > Default Voice (Amy should be the default selected and this works well, as does Brian)