If you can hear sound in DoodleMaths/DoodleEnglish, but not the voice reading out the questions, it may be that you have not selected a voice compatible with DoodleMaths. To ensure the voice is selected or to change the voice, please follow the instructions below.
From an iPad or iPhone;
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Speech > Voices
- Choose your language and download from the selection of voices. We think that Serena or Oliver work most effectively.
From Android devices;
- Go to Settings > Language & Input > Text-to-speech output
- Hit the gear icon next to the Google text to speech option
- Click on Language in the settings screen and check your chosen language is selected
From Kindle devices;
- Go to Settings > Keyboard and Language
- Tap on Language to check your chosen language is correct
- Tap on Text-to-Speech > Default Voice (Amy should be the default selected and this works well, as does Brian)
Some of the questions in DoodleEnglish require sound - for example your child may be requested to spell a word by listening to it. We currently don't have DoodleEnglish available in the browser version. This is because it requires a text-to-speech functionality which the browsers do not support. Our DoodleEnglish app is available to download onto Mac or Windows. Our Team have tried to ensure that these types of questions do not present when DoodleEnglish is being used in these apps. However, if you do find this is a problem then please let us know via the blue chat bubble in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.